Monday, June 23, 2008

My Favorite Vitamins - SuperMom

After trying these for two months now, I am ready to give my stamp of approval to some vitamins I started taking in February.

After experimenting with some products from the Beeyoutiful Company, I decided to try their SuperMom vitamins. I am kind of a skeptic when it comes to these things, so I kept my testing to myself until I could see some results of some kind.

My first day taking them, I acquired a headache. I continued to have headaches for a few days. This obviously was a concern to me, so I started researching whether it was possible for a vitamin to cause headaches. I read several posts online that stated there may be a temporary period of “detoxing” which may result in headaches, but this occurrence is very rare. All these symptoms can be alleviated by reducing the dose (instead of two caplets, take one, or cut one in half), and building up your system to be used to them, but for the most part all these symptoms would go away in about two weeks.

The jury was still out. My nails were growing beautifully. My hair and skin look and feel better. My energy was still pretty high from taking the Bee Strong and Berry Well. I actually felt even better on this vitamin than when I was taking the other supplements alone, but the headaches HAD to stop before I could consider this a long term use vitamin. Soon, I noticed I had no more headache (yeah!). I still felt good. My nails still looked better. I still felt good and strong. Now I am a believer. I decided to carry them on my site because I do think they are terrific, but be aware, you may be one of those precious 10 % that have some sort of detoxing side effect.

I looked at the cost of the vitamins, and while they are more expensive ($36) than the Sams Club variety I was taking in the past, they are not terribly so. They come in a huge quantity, making them last three months! There are 180 in the bottle, and you take two per day. If my budget would not allow for the full cost, one of these per day would be better than what I was using before.

Have you tried the SuperMom Vitamins? Did you have any of the De-Toxing Effects? What other vitamins have you tried and loved?

No comments: